Brightly Quilt Top with Squirrelly Girl Fabric

Thursday, March 4, 2021

I could not resist the squirrels on this fabric. (It is Squirrelly Girl by Bunny Hill Designs from Moda Fabrics, and I ordered it from this etsy shop called, Crazy Quilt Girl). Orange is not usually in my repertory of colors, and I don't think I own anything that is orange in my wardrobe or at home, but these squirrels are just too cute, and I thought they would be perfect for a fall quilt or what I like to call, "seasonally appropriate decor".  😁   I love how these squirrels are integrated into different designs in the fabric.  Some are running around with acorns, some are playing with leaves, and some are even integrated into the scroll designs. 

I used Cluck Cluck Sew's Brightly Quilt Pattern, which was very easy to follow and very quick to sew.  I think after cutting out the fabric pieces, it took me about a weekend to piece the entire quilt top together.  The instructions are super easy, and after doing the first block, I was able to figure out how to chain piece them together.  I also used her diagonal seam tape.
After looking at the pattern and comparing it to the colors in my fat quarter bundle of this fabric, I was worried that it didn't have enough variety of colors to have the impact that the quilt in the original pattern has.  But I had already cut the pieces and there was no turning back, so I went ahead and finished the quilt top.  I am very happy that I just plowed through because I think it came out pretty well! 

Post a Comment