Delphine Skirt, Agnes Top, and Lark Tee

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Here is my second make from my #makenine2021--  Delphine Skirt from Tilly and the Buttons' Love at First Stitch book. It's an A-line black skirt made from Rag and Bone Black Stretch Corduroy from Mood Fabrics.  The fabric is soft yet stable to sew, which was what I definitely needed to master the invisible zip.  After watching Guthrie and Ghani's invisible zip instructions, I practiced on a piece of scrap fabric and just went for it!  I was worried that it might have a bump on the bum, but after some ironing, it came out pretty smooth.  👍

The skirt was more difficult to fit than I thought.  The waist is a little bit big on me even though I measured myself and tried it on multiple times during the sewing process.  In the end, I think it will be okay since it will just be more comfortable to wear. I did cut off at least three inches or so from the length, so I can wear it above the knee.  I am a big fan of the A-line of the skirt. 
 
After I made the skirt, I needed to make a cute top to go with it, so I opened up my Agnes top pattern which I've been itching to try.  I added the elastic accent from the pattern with slightly shorter sleeve.  It fits very well, so I think I have to make another top with this pattern.   It is made from Robert Kaufman Cotton Jersey called Hidden Canyon (Designer is Vanessa Lillrose & Linda Fitch for Wishwell).  It's 95% Cotton and 5% Lycra Spandex, so very stretchy and comfy. And I love the bright flowers.

And then I had some left over fabric, so I made the Grainline Lark Tee with the boat neck and 3/4 sleeve.  I left the length long on the Lark Tee, so I can wear it with leggings.  

I am finding it's easier to sew jersey (stretchy fabrics) because it is easier to fit.  But my next challenge is making a button down top, so we will see how it goes! 

PS- My Agnes top pattern was purchased from Brooklyn Craft Company.  Grainline Lark Tee pattern and Kylie and the Machine Labels are from Urban Sewciety


Post a Comment