Farm Sweet Farm Sew Along

Monday, October 28, 2019

This is my first post about my sewing projects!  I've been participating in Lori Holt's Farm Sweet Farm Sew Along for the past few months.  (Confession--I am totally behind...)  And considering that I am a relatively new to sewing and quilting, this project was a bit daunting when I got the fabrics delivered from Fat Quarter Shop.  But after watching such helpful youtube instructions (particularly of the ones from Riley Blake that show Lori's appliqué method) and some trial and error, I finally got the hang of it!


This is my favorite block so far.  I love how little sew simple shapes came together to form her dress with apron!  (I also changed her hair color because I have dark hair and tilted the gentleman's head slightly towards the lady) 😍

But what drew me to this sew along was-- all the cute farm animals!




This pig block is before hand appliquéing.


Oopsy-- the horse is missing his little tail and eyes... (note to self: to go back and work on that.) I love the blanket on him though.  So cute!


And here is the goat and bunny block.

You can probably tell which blocks were my first attempts and which ones are the most recent. 😊 There is also a huge farm house block that is in the process of getting finished too.

Post a Comment