Tilly and the Buttons: Coco Top and Margot Pajama Pants

Saturday, January 30, 2021

When I received this sky blue fabric in the mail, I showed it to my mom, and she said "That would be really nice for a pajama set, and you know, blue is my favorite color"-- hint hint nudge nudge. I got the hints and the nudges, and I made this pajama set for my mom. 😄  It is Tilly and the Buttons Coco Top pattern with their Margot Pajama Pants pattern but with my own hack to keep the bottom of the pants a bit narrow. 

 You can see better in the below photo the pleats I added to the bottom so the pants stay a little bit narrow at the end.  I wanted it narrow enough so it doesn't ride up, but not too tight so the one inch pleats to each side was perfect.

Since I added my own touch to the pants, I added Kylie and the Machine label that says "Bespoke." For the top, I added a label that says "You can't buy this."  😆
 This soft jersey fabric from Urban Sewciety during the black friday sale.  It is made with 95% organic cotton and 5% Spandex. The brand is Stof Fabrics, and it is called Hearts Light Blue Jersey Knit.  I am not familiar with Stof fabrics, but it's very soft and has nice soft feel to it.  Also, I like how it is organic-- which reminds me I have to learn a bit more how a fabric is labeled organic or not.

I purchased 2.25 yards, and I fit the patterns for both top and bottom into it.

Lastly, below is my new overlock machine! It's a Brother 1034DX.  I got it for Christmas from my parents, and it makes sewing jersey sooooo easy (and quick)!  I am using pastel rainbow overlock sewing thread from Wawak.com, and I love how I can add happy colored trims inside my garments. 


 

Post a Comment