Happy New Year!

Friday, January 1, 2021

 


Starting this year nice and easy.  Obvious confession-- I have not been good about posting here.  And I've done so much sewing!  I did try to post regularly in my Instagram.   And you can see, in 2020, I did a lot of sewing, and quilting, and I even sewed some garments!  Honestly, I was pretty intimidated about sewing garments.  It seemed it required accuracy, precision, and attention to detail that I was not used to with my sewing machine.  But Tilly and the Buttons Stretch Sewing book and patterns are so easy to follow that I just winged it on a first try, and it came out pretty well!  

 

Initially, I made this jersey Freya top with birds on it, and this gave me the confidence to make her Coco Top in this beautiful grey Jacquard sweatshirt fabric with stars from Guthrie and Ghani.  I treated myself to these for my birthday in 2020 and sewing it was a bigger treat.  The directions are so easy to follow in the pattern, and the fabric was really easy to sew with for a beginner garment sewer. 

This star sweatshirt is my favorite, so I wore it for at home New Year's Eve celebration, and I am so happy I got to ring in the new year with something I made! 

Of course, I didn't forget to make a new garment for Marco too.  For Christmas, he received this new doggie coat that I made from quilting fabric stash  I have.  There is no pattern because I just copied one of his coats that fits well for him and added the collar to make it a bit snazzy.  I also made one for my aunt's dog, Bailey, so now doggie cousins have matching coats.  🐶

Happy New Year!  🎉



 

Post a Comment